[JdeRobot] Working with Gazebo7

Aitor Martínez aitor.martinez.fernandez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:29:19 CEST 2016

Hi Alvaro,

I'm also doing tests with gazebo7.

The error that you have, I think that is because your not have made:

This two lines indicate to gazebo were al models and plugins.

On the other hand, to use JdeRobot with gazebo7, you have to install
JdeRobot from source because packages come prepared to gazebo5. To do this,
instead of the official github, gonna use one mine which has already
prepared the plugins for gazebo7

first, install requirements like a manual [1]

Then run the following lines to install jderobot deps and gazebo7 (if you
have already installed gazebo7, uninstall it first):

Now, clone the repository:

If any plugin does not works, returns to compile and install

and if it continues to occur the problem with plugins, compare the ls of
/usr/local/share/jderobot/gazebo/plugins and
JdeRobot/build/src/drivers/gazeboserver/plugins and copy to
/usr/local/share/jderobot/gazebo/plugins that missing.

Is a "small" bug that I need to fix, but you can use for your first approach
to use JdeRobot + gazebo7

Regards, Aitor

[1] http://jderobot.org/index.php/Manual-5#Installing_JdeRobot_5