[JdeRobot] Problem with Roomba model

JoseMaria CaƱas Plaza jmplaza at gsyc.es
Fri Apr 28 13:07:41 CEST 2017

Hi Vanessa,

it seems you want to use the roomba Gazebo plugin but you installed
JdeRobot 5.5 from package. You are in the cutting bleeding edge :-) .
That plugin has been recently included in the official repository of
JdeRobot [1], but not yet in the last JdeRobot debian package.

I see two choices: (a) just wait a little bit to the new JdeRobot
debian package (we will hopefully publish a new one today) or (b)
download the plugin code yourself, compile it and use it.

Best regards,

JoseMaria
[1] https://github.com/JdeRobot/JdeRobot/tree/master/src/drivers/gazeboserver/plugins/roomba

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM, vane <vanessa_1895 en msn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the roomba model, but I'm having problems.
>
> [Err] [Plugin.hh:165] Failed to load plugin libroombaplugin.so:
> libroombaplugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> Vacuum.Motors: connection refused
> Vacuum.Pose3D: connection refused
> Vacuum.Laser: connection refused
> Vacuum.Pose3D: connection refused
>
> I have libroombaplugin.so in directory
> /Escritorio/JdeRobot/build/src/drivers/gazeboserver/plugins/roomba. Also,
> I've this file in /usr/local/share/jderobot/gazebo/plugins/roomba/
>
> The vacuum.cfg file is as follows:
>
> Vacuum.Motors.Proxy = Motors:default -h localhost -p 9003
> Vacuum.Pose3D.Proxy = Pose3D:default -h localhost -p 9003
> Vacuum.Laser.Proxy  = Laser:default -h localhost -p 9003
> Vacuum.Motors.maxV = 5
> Vacuum.Motors.maxW = 20
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards!