[JdeRobot] Want to contribute to Project #1 and (or) Project #2

Ashish Bhatti ashish4ever1496 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:07:18 CET 2019

Hi !

My name is Ashish, and I am a 3rd year Aerospace Engineering student at
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (India).

I am writing this in hopes of finding a project(/s) for long term
commitment. I originally found out about JdeRobot last year during GSoC.
Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to get on track with your projects
as I was working towards IGVC 2018 (which took most of my time).

That is why I'd like to get involved here (independently of GSoC 2019.),
and possibly participate GSoC. But what I want to stress out is that I'm
here looking for projects to work on for longer periods of time,
independently of GSoC.

Most of my previous experience in robotics revolves around following.

*Intelligent Ground Vehicle Competition*: Last summer my team participated
in IGVC and were placed 5th out of 36 teams.  There I worked on GPS
navigation for the ground vehicle and on mapping using LiDars.

*Aerial Robotics: *Developed a semi-autonomous quad-rotor during summer
2017 as Aeromodelling Club project of my college. Also I will be working
this semester on developing autonomous drones.

I'm proficient in Python and C/C++. I also have good knowledge of sensors,
 ROS, Linux, GPS Navigation and Hardware Involved (& Video Editing if it
counts :p)

For starters I want to know if the programming assignments on
http://jderobot.org/GSoC-2019, are still valid, as the doc is pertaining to
GSoC 2017. I am interested in *Project #1* and *Project #2* as I have
already worked on similar project in past.

Regards

Ashish