[JdeRobot] Fwd: Regarding GsoC'20

Eduardo Perdices edupergar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 10:49:02 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ravi charan <ravicharan.vsp at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 10:36 AM
Subject: Regarding GsoC'20
To: <edupergar at gmail.com>, <n.arranz.agueda at gmail.com>

Dear Eduardo Perdices and Ignacio Arranz,

I am a fourth-year undergraduate student pursuing my Bachelor in
Information Technology from IIIT Allahabad, India. I was going through the
list of proposed projects by JdeRobot for GSoC'20 and found the
proposed project of *programming new computer vision exercises* for JDE
Robot Academy really intriguing. I would like to take this up and submit a
proposal for the same.

I have my fair share of experience in using *ROS and OpenCV *as I
previously, as a part of my academic project, worked on the *Speech and
Gesture-based Multimodal Recognition of the Social Humanoid Nao. *As for my
(European
Organization for Nuclear Research), Geneva, Switzerland during the summer
of 2019. I was also a part of the *Google Summer of Code'18* program
wherein I worked on improving the Group Theory module of *Sympy*, a Python
library for symbolic mathematics.

It would be of great help to me if you could provide resources to help me
better understand the complexities involved in the project and how to go
about writing the proposal. Also, the details about the output expected by
the student at the end of the GSoC program would help me in great detail in
writing the proposal. Please do let me know if there are any prerequisites
before submitting the proposal like a merged PR or building a
basic prototype as such.

Please let me know if you need any additional information form me. Hoping
to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ravi Charan,
Department of Information Technology,
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad.
+91-818-704-8426.

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender
notified by