[JdeRobot] Fwd: GSoC Project #8 JDERobotics

Eduardo Perdices edupergar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:06:18 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Aditya Singh 5-Yr IDD Mathematics & Computing IIT (BHU) Varanasi <
aditya.singh.mat17 at itbhu.ac.in>
Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:03 AM
Subject: Re: GSoC Project #8 JDERobotics
To: <edupergar at gmail.com>

Hi Eduardo,

I am Aditya Singh, an Integrated Dual Degree(Masters+Bachelors) student
pursuing Mathematics and Computing(Hons.) from the Indian Institute of
Technology(BHU), Varanasi. I’ve developed a passion for Reinforcement
Learning, and I'm intrigued by its research prospects. I'm decidedly
interested in pursuing independent research(PhD). I have also written a
blog(link <https://adityauser.github.io/blog/>) on my research interest.

I'm personally interested in Project #8: Reinforcement Learning for
Autonomous Driving with Gazebo and OpenAI gym. I'm very much familiar with
OpenAI gym and Gazebo, I have also used CARLA Simulator. The projects aim
to do some comparisons among the already implemented algorithms. I have
created an execution plan please look
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ajGLBtdtWupTwYiPr5RJqHP26twtR3mqtQKcefR2AnE/edit?usp=sharing>
into it and enrich it with your ideas.  I have written a short note
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MtX2tIvyUW3O-Pzgpu3jI23Xua8_TcgS1QPx_koUZNY/edit?usp=sharing>
which explains why I specifically want to work on Project 8.

*Current and previous experience:*
1. Currently, I'm trying to extend Q learning with UCB-Hoeffding bonus to
the continuous state space domain. This project part of my stream project,
which is under the supervision of *Dr. Kailasam Lakshmanan*.
2. I have implemented multiple Deep Reinforcement Learning
algorithms(including *C51, QR-DQN*), here
<https://github.com/adityauser/Quest-RL> are some of them.
3. This summer, I worked with* Prof. Rishi Kamaleswaran, The University of
Tennessee*, on Fever and Sepsis onset prediction, using CNNs and data
science techniques. The abstract and poster for Sepsis Onset prediction are
published in HIPOCT’ 19 conferences. The fever onset prediction project was
under the umbrella of Google Summer of Code' 19(Completion Letter
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/154Foh89yvx1N6-NAUMncTykJ9dVVwgxM/view?usp=sharing>
by Tony Urso, GSoC Program Manager), you can look
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lIgtJuxtw2dubpIM-NBKEGZld6eMjP2j/view?usp=sharing>
in the feedback provided by my mentor for more detail.

I have completed both C++ and Python task:
C++ task: link
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1G_w5roFuHONaqW54zY-NqDY6wt7FkPek?usp=sharing>
Python task: link
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lNHuJwg_GJIF7hYFAM5NtyRDjxdNvQ63?usp=sharing>

You can check my CV
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0xtGAUZZUn1ofmKQle7251GtekP1x5R/view?usp=sharing>
for your reference. Feel free to contact the referred professor in the CV.
I am genuinely interested in working with you and come up with quality work
in our aligned areas of interest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my note. I appreciate your
feedback and feel excited to hear back from you soon!

Sincerely,
Aditya Singh
Junior Undergraduate
Mathematics and Computing