[JdeRobot] Fwd: GSOC Computer vision project

Eduardo Perdices edupergar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:31:37 CET 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alfredo Bochicchio <a.bochicchio at sssup.it>
Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2020, 13:24
Subject: GSOC Computer vision project
To: edupergar at gmail.com <edupergar at gmail.com>
Cc: n.arranz.agueda at gmail.com <n.arranz.agueda at gmail.com>

Dear All,
I just completed the form to partecipate in the GSOC 2020. I would love to
work on the computer vision project
In order to formulate a meaningful proposal I would like to share some
thoughts with you.

Please, tell me if you don't have time to answer to personal emails, or if
there is any other issue.

Project outline:
I would love to complement the academy exercises with all the essential
traditional CV techniques that are presented in many CV courses.

1) Some more exercises on Image processing (color spaces, domain
transformation (hough, Fourier, others), Statistical methods for
segmentation (grabcut and others)
2) Features (Differences between features, features matching, robustness)
3) Overview of trackers and detectors.
4) 3D Computer vision (can be 3D reconstruction, multiview reconstruction,
structure from motion)
5) Aerial imaging, stereophotogrammetry.
6) Structure from motion, Visual Odometry and Localization frameworks based
on vision.
7) Semantic context understanding and scene segmentation in GAZEBO

I would be willing to elaborate a more concrete plan of deliverables if you
think some of the topics are worth developing.

For any information you require please let me know.
Best regards,

Alfredo Bochicchio
Sant'Anna University, Pisa
Master student in Robotics and AI